2009年10月28日水曜日

Draft essay post: 2-02a World history

I watched two short movies named “Ancient Egypt” and “Living in the Ice Age.” I learned them a little when I was a high school student so there were some things that I know, but there were a lot of things that I don’t know. As for “Ancient Egypt,” mini quizzes are provided and I got “well done!” at the quiz. I was glad to get the result. Also, in “Living in the Ice Age,” I thought that I don’t want to live in the age because there weren’t convenient tools in the age so I thought I can’t live comfortably.

There are some things that I know about Egypt for example, pyramid, the Nile, ancient Egyptian civilization and hieroglyph. It is very famous that pyramid is a tomb for a king. There are three pyramids in Giza and they are very famous. The Nile is the longest liver in the world. Ancient Egyptian civilization developed on the outskirts of the Nile. These are my knowledge about Egypt. I have known that Egypt is located in Africa, but I haven’t known correct the location before I watched the movie. I was interested in making a mummy in the best at the movie. I don’t think let’s make a mummy, but I thought people who lived in the age are intelligent.

The thing that I know about Ice age is about fire. I learned fire started to be used in the age. Fire provided light, heat for people. Also, people used fire for cooking. Fire was a very important tool for people. Having watched the movie “Living in the Ice Age,” I was surprised at houses that people lived in. People lived in the house made by mammoth bones. It is said that there were little trees in the past so people uses mammoth bones in branches to form the house basic shape. In those days, four or five houses gathered and formed a village. People who live in same village hunt to survive together. They used stone implement to hunt. I thought I couldn’t live in the age because if we couldn’t hunt the day I thought we can’t eat anything and we’ll die. I thought people who lived in the age made a living as hard as they could to live.
[382 words]

2 件のコメント:

  1. I know that how to make a mummy too!
    Do you like Egypt?

    返信削除
  2. I was surprised at their house too.
    Do you want to watch pyramid?
    I watched the same wabsite but it was a little difficult for me. How about you?

    返信削除